Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Amelia Dance Class


When I first started potty training Amelia 10 months ago, I used going to dance class as her big bribe. I told her she couldn't go to dance class if she wore diapers. Well, she was pretty much potty trained in one day but couldn't take dance classes until she was three. So, for nearly 10 months she would ask when she got to go to dance class. I was pretty confident she would love her first day of class and would do great. Not so much. She didn't want to go in the room and held on to me pretty tight. Once I finally was able to leave her in the room she refused to participate. She didn't cry, she just wanted to lay on the floor and watch. So I let her do just that. For the entire hour she laid on the floor and watched. When class was over I told her I was kind of sad that she didn't dance. She gave me a hug and said, "It's ok. I'll dance next time". And that's all it took! Now she loves her dance class and talks about it all week. Of course she has to wear her awesome sweaters each week. I've learned its just not worth the fight!




No comments:

Post a Comment