Friday, February 3, 2012

Sleeping Buddies

Jude got sick the first week of January and ended up sleeping in our bed for the rest of the month. He would throw up from coughing so much and I didn't feel comfortable leaving him in his room alone. I knew he couldn't stay in my bed forever (although I'll admit I really like having him in bed with me). So on Monday I finally decided to make him sleep in his crib. The poor boy was not happy about it! He cried from 9-2:30. I felt so bad for him and wanted to pick him right up and put him back in our bed but I knew it would only make it harder in the long run. So, finally after crying for nearly 6 hours (I would go in every 5 minutes or so and pat him) I put a soft little bear in bed with him. He cuddled right up to the bear and crashed.  I was so glad it worked but it also broke my heart! The poor little baby just wanted someone/thing to cuddle with. Now every night I put him to bed with the little bear and two of them cuddle up and Jude falls right to sleep. It's about the cutest thing I've seen.

Oh and please notice Jude's chubby little hands. I swear this little boy is pretty close to perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment