Friday, March 23, 2012

Changes

I'm not sure if I was smart or really dumb, but on Monday I decided to start potty training Amelia and wean Jude.  By 5:30 pm I really thought I had made the dumbest mistake of my life and I was on the verge of tears or insanity! Amelia had already had 10 accidents and not one success. Finally around 6:00 pm she went pee in the toilet and it was like a little light bulb clicked in her head. She was so excited for her success and that was all it took. It's been four days since and she's had two little accidents since 9 (both being totally my fault). This girl LOVES being potty trained! She does not like or want any help from me. She insists on being alone in the bathroom with the door closed. She doesn't even tell me when she needs to go to the bathroom, she just goes and does her business all by herself. It's been great!! She is a little obsessed with whipping her little bum and has gone through about four rolls of toilet paper already but I'd rather have it that way then still be changing her diapers!

Today we had to take a bag of her diapers to baby Aspen. She's been so excited about this all week. She loves saying she's a big girl and doesn't need to wear her diaper any more.

The little photo shoot was totally her idea and I love the second photo.





Now about weaning Jude. I honestly wish he would nurse and do a bottle but he wont and so that's why I had to wean him. This little boy defiantly has a stubborn side to him. I nursed him for the last time on Monday around 4:00 pm and he didn't take a real bottle (over 2 ounces at a time) until Wednesday evening. I finally figured out that he likes his bottles on the warmer side. If it's not quite warm enough he will fight the bottle and will NOT take it. Warm it up and it's like magic! It's kind of funny having a baby on formula. This is my first time with it and it's kind of like having a newborn again. I'm still trying to figure out if he's hungry and getting a schedule figured out. So far I've noticed a great improvement with his sleep. He's now taking two naps each being two hours long and he's sleeping great at night. I honestly think the poor kid wasn't getting all he needed from me. Not to give too much info, but this time around my boobs weren't half has sore or engorged as past weaning experiences.


I am a little sad that I'm not nursing any more but I'm also very excited about my new freedom! Oh and I had to copy both Sara and Amy with this fun bottle drier.  It seriously makes washing bottles a little more fun.

 I still don't have a photo of Jude taking his bottle because I've been the one feeding him so I had to include these photos of him. I know I've posted photos just like this before but I can't get over how cute this is. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment