Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Wednesdays

Wednesdays are crazy for us! Eleanor has preschool, I take Amelia & Jude to the library for story time, Eleanor has dance and then swimming. It may not sound like a lot to most people, but for us it gets pretty hectic. I'm finding that when I get up early and get the house cleaned, everyone showered and dressed and plan ahead for dinner, I actually end up really enjoying Wednesdays. Days like this make me feel like a 'real mom' especially with three kids in tow!

Today Amelia didn't take her nap and ended up falling asleep during the last few minutes of dance. Luckily my friend was there and held Jude and helped Eleanor for me while I took Amelia out to the car. I was kind of glad Amelia fell asleep for swim lessons. On Monday she fussed the entire 35 minutes about getting in the water. So, on Tuesday I was smart and left Jude with my neighbor and was able to take Amelia swimming during Eleanor's lessons. I knew that today she would be upset about not getting in the water, so I guess sitting in the car with her for 35 minutes was worth it!

Eleanor is going great with her lessons. She is so cautious but is doing everything her teachers ask of her. Today she asked me when she can stop taking lessons. I told her once she learns how to swim all by herself. She then asked if she has to know how to swim if we go to Hawaii. I told her yes because she'll want to get into the ocean. Her response was, "Mom, I'm just not that kind of person. You know, an ocean swimmer".

Jude is still not quite sure what to think about real food. I made him some homemade peas today and he maybe got 1/3 of it and the other 2/3 was all over him, me and the floor. I'm not going to lie, I will be quite happy when Jude can feed himself!

Well it's 8:20 pm and all three kids are asleep. I guess that's one plus to Wednesdays. I better wrap this up so John and I can get in a few episodes of Weeds before we call it a night!

No comments:

Post a Comment